Leek isn’t a really attractive vegetable but when it is well cooked it could be very delicious. Last weekend I decided to do my favourite leek recipe: Leek and salmon crumble. This recipe will reconcile everybody with this vegetable :)
Leek is a really old vegetable, even Roman emperor Nero loved it. I don’t really like old cuisine so I decided to do a modern recipe with this vegetable.
It’s really easy; you just have to follow the 5 steps bellow…
French’Licious: Do you know that France is the first leek producer in European Union? And that this vegetable is one of the national emblems of Wales? No ? So here are 2 more reasons to test this delicious recipe and to impress your guests!
Leek and salmon crumble recipe
Published: June 20, 2012
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 60 mins
Leek and salmon crumble. Delicious with a salad. This recipe will reconcile everybody with this leek :)
- 3 salmon steack
- 6 leek
- 16.6 fl oz / 50 cl light cream
- 3 table spoons olive oil
- 2.5 oz / 70 g parmesan cheese
- 2.8 oz / 80 g pine nuts
- 3.5 oz / 100 g flour
- 3.5 oz / 100 g breadcrumbs
- 3.5 oz / 100 g butter
- Wash the leeks and cut the green to keep only 0.8 inches. Then, cut them into slices. Personally I used precut frozen leeks, it’s easier, and you just have to put them in the frying pan. In a frying pan, heat the olive oil. Add the leaks and cook over a low heat for 20 minutes. Don’t forget to stir regularly.
- Cut the salmon into thick pieces. Put them it in the pan with the leeks. Add the light cream, salt, pepper and adjust seasoning as you want (personally I add masala spice).
- Put the preparation in a dish or several little dishes (like mini stewpans for example). Preheat the oven to 350°F / 180°C.
- Now you have to prepare the crumble dough. Put the butter, the breadcrumbs, the flour, the pine nuts and the Parmesan cheese in the bowl of the mixer. Mix them until you get a little thick dry dough. You have your crumble :)
- Put the crumble on the salmon and leek preparation. Now you just have to put your crumble 30 minutes in the oven. You can serve the crumble with salad, it’s delicious…